Disclaimer: This site has been first put up 15 years ago. Since then I would probably do a couple things differently, but because I've noticed this site had been linked from news outlets, PhD theses and peer rewieved papers and because I really hate the concept of "digital dark age" I've decided to put it back up. There's no chance it can produce any harm now.
| Identifier: | 05MADRID4033 |
|---|---|
| Wikileaks: | View 05MADRID4033 at Wikileaks.org |
| Origin: | Embassy Madrid |
| Created: | 2005-11-21 12:32:00 |
| Classification: | CONFIDENTIAL |
| Tags: | KPKO MARR PREL |
| Redacted: | This cable was not redacted by Wikileaks. |
This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available. 211232Z Nov 05
C O N F I D E N T I A L MADRID 004033 SIPDIS E.O. 12958: DECL: 11/20/2015 TAGS: KPKO, MARR, PREL SUBJECT: SPAIN'S REPLY TO DEMARCHE ON EU GENDARMERIE IN HAITI REF: SECSTATE 206172 Classified By: POLCouns Kathy Fitzpatrick for reasons 1.4(b) & (d). (C) Poloff discussed reftel points with Spanish MFA's Haiti desk and International Security office. Both noted that Spain continues to contribute to security efforts in Haiti via the Spanish troops and police who have been in Haiti since last year. Manuel Acerete, MFA Deputy Director of International Security Affairs, notes that the multi-national gendarmerie is new and untested. He said that his preliminary sense of domestic discussions was that while this appears to be a good opportunity, it might be premature. Acarete said that MFA and the Ministry of Defense (which controls Spain's gendarmerie - the Guardia Civil) continue to discuss the issue. He pointed out that Italy currently has the rotating lead among the five members who contribute to the multi-national gendarmerie and suggested that we press our case with the Italians. Acerete said that the force is open to accepting forces from any country that has gendarmerie. MANZANARES
Latest source of this page is cablebrowser-2, released 2011-10-04